Thursday, December 12, 2013

Winter Concert

Words can't really describe how beautiful the Winter Concert at Elisa's school was. Photos might do it some justice, but there's just not enough life coming through. The kids were all wiggly excitedness and the songs were perfect little harmonies from such an assortment of personalities. Elisa rocked the back row and made sure to smile and wave and blow me air kisses at the end of the songs. Any doubts I had about her getting shy or nervous were obliterated after the opening bars. She's a total ham and it shows. But still, I think she just loves performing and singing especially makes her happy. 

Seeing all the kids come to life in this beautiful setting was such a treat. The stage and backdrop were decked out in the most wintery, festive way and I really applaud all the parents and staff for getting this pulled together. Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't say my only critique of the night was the fact that it ended so late. Leaving there at 8:10pm and trying to drag two kids home on my own with the bake sale and book fair calling their name was chaotic and annoying. But we managed. If the concert could only be moved up a little starting before 6pm, I think it would have been flawless. Maybe next time. 

But that aside, the evening was a rare peek into the music program at the school and I have to say they have a perfect teacher in Mr. Noel.  He and the others played great accompanying beats and the kids sang like angels. I have so many great photos of the night I was able to share with the parents' group. It makes my heart happy to do so. And I have a few small snippets of Elisa wiggling and singing to show Nacho who wasn't there. Who knows, maybe this is the beginning of Elisa's stage career? Katy Perry, you have been warned.  But even if it's not, it's just fun to see how much she loves it. I love watching her which means we're finally a good team. 

1 comment:

Maggie said...

awesome!! Elisa is a total ham. I'm not surprised she enjoys this stuff so much. Sounds like a great experience for her!