Monday, December 3, 2012

Stressin' Santa

Yesterday was the Holiday Boutique fundraiser for our local park, and as usual, I made it over there to get our photo with Santa.  Of course, I knew full well that this wasn't going to go off without a hitch, but then that's what I love about this occasion.  It captures my parenting style in a nutshell: smile even when someone is losing their shit. Not that I'm always so calm, but I aspire to be.  And really, when it's over a man in a red suit, I figure the 30 seconds of discomfort is worth the shot. As I told Elisa when she hesitated to go up to him, we are going to do this one way or another so you might as well make it fast.  And she did.  It always helps to remind her that Santa needs to hear from her what toys she wants this year. And as for poor Carolina, she was a champ, but the big guy didn't do anything to soothe her. Talk about a stressed Santa, he didn't even greet us. Oh well. We got the pic and if you'd like to see Elisa's reaction each year so far, click here. She's been there, done that. And luckily, it keeps getting better.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love it! And I could not agree more. In my book, this form of torture is kid tested, mother approved.