Saturday, December 22, 2012

Preschool Party


On Friday Elisa's UPK class held a little holiday party in the morning. Nacho was off work and stayed with Carolina at home so I could go and enjoy a few minutes of crazy, preschool fun. I made carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese icing which were universally overlooked for the store bought mini cupcakes another mom brought. God, I love kids. They always know how to knock you down a few pegs, right? But who could care when you're having this much fun. There was shape/color Bingo and I volunteered to read a book about Santa Claus losing his ho-ho-ho. The kids were great, and Elisa was so pleased to have me visiting her class. She asked me, "Mom, do you love my school?" And I knew from her face that she loved it. And when one of the teacher's aides started telling me about how much she enjoys Elisa in the classroom, she started to tear up. She's a first year teacher and I could see how much she loves being with the kids.  Hearing her comments about how Elisa greets her so cheerfully every morning and always asks how she's doing was terrific. It made me see Elisa in another light and yes, brought a few tears to my eyes.  I asked Elisa to tell me about each of her teachers when we made their Christmas cards and they were all universally "beautiful" and much loved. We also made some cranberry pistachio biscotti and packaged it for delivery at the party. It was a great morning and a perfect end to her first semester at the new school. Hoping the second half of the year goes as smoothly and we can celebrate again in 2013.

No comments: