Sunday, June 12, 2016

Almost Father's Day

This morning the girls woke up in the park with Nacho and enjoyed a full day's worth of sunshine before 2pm. I had two photo shoots back to back so instead of picking them up bright and early, I made it over around noon where I met them for Yilsi's going away party which I was also photographing. I could see that Elisa wasn't long for this world and Carolina was getting crabby the way that only exhausted preschoolers can. We finally made it home and I convinced them to take a brief rest by about 3:30pm. Of course one hour, then two hours, ticked by and they didn't stir. Nope, this was going to be a marathon napping session. At 6:25pm though, I had to call it. We roused them and tried to figure out a plan for the rest of the day. Nacho and I had barely discussed it but suddenly we figured out that a walk through the neighborhood and perhaps a nice dinner out would be the best way to expend some energy and get these girls ready to sleep again for bedtime. We hadn't been to Cemitas El Tigre since it opened up back in the spring, and it seemed to fit the bill for what I was looking for this evening. We got them fried chicken tacos, guac and chips, Jarritos and a milkshake to split while Nacho and I indulged with a chicken tinga cemita and a few fish tacos. God damn did it taste good. Everything felt easy tonight. The girls paused with Nacho for a little portrait on the way past the Jehovah's Witness temple and I felt like it really was Father's Day. Considering next week at this time we'll be just finishing up with dance recitals Part I and II and the real Father's Day hullabaloo, this was a more effortless and thus enjoyable evening. I know the feeling won't last but it was nice. It was everything I would hope to give Nacho on his special day. 

No comments: