Monday, August 29, 2011

It's true

I'm a second child--the youngest child. So I should know better than to treat my second offspring this way. But somehow, Carolina is getting the shaft when it comes to photos taken of her in her first 4 weeks. By this time with Elisa, I think we had an album full. Not so much this second time around. Everyone says that about second kids. You don't take as many photos. You don't update the baby book as often (or even buy one in this case...yikes!) And so far, I'm doing nothing to disprove that. So I vow to make an effort this week to get a photo with Carolina. I think the last one of me with her was in the hospital. And Nacho has only taken a few with her the night she was born. It's funny that with all that goes on day in and day out in our house, there seems to be a good rhythm, but not much extra time for the photography and blogging I managed to squeeze in early on with Elisa. I guess everything was so noteworthy then--so massively important. And this time, things are just...relaxed. Much more chill. And that's a great thing. Breastfeeding on the go? No problem. Taking the preschooler to the park and out for lunch? Sure, why not? The whole family outings are still somewhat of a production, but it's much easier than learning it all the first time. We're still running about 30 minutes behind my projections most of the time, but that's not bad. We'll see how it goes when I'm the only one running the show. But I still have a few more weeks with Abuela's help and Nacho's schedule for September is pretty good. Hopefully I can catch up with documenting this little girl's new world and maybe even rename the blog. I need ideas though....comments? Hmmmm...Carolina definitely needs some billing here, even if her sister is the star. Oh, second child. I feel for ya.

No comments: