Monday, January 31, 2011

The things she says...

A few months ago I remember thinking that Elisa was already speaking quite a bit, but in another few months she would probably take off. I remember that with both my nephew and niece that around 2 1/2 there was something like turbo drive that kicked in and the little phrases and words that sputtered around between 20-24 months became full sentences and questions before they were 3. And then it happened. Somewhere between packing for this trip, getting on the plane and spending the first few days with her Spanish relations, Elisa started really talking. Like "oh my gosh, mama" and "Papa, I'm so happy to see you." Yesterday she even warned me, "Don't touch Papa. He has the wheel go round and round." That means he's driving and I shouldn't give him a shoulder rub apparently. She also declared "It's so wonderful" at dinner last night and her new favorite way of starting an explanation is to tell me "why-cause..." instead of "because." Makes perfect sense. I ask "why?" and she says "why-cause..." There are so many of these little bursts of language everyday that I haven't been very good at cataloguing them. But I do love how they constantly change. It just reminds you that the difference between now and six months from now is everything and I should appreciate where I am. It's pretty great.

2 comments:

micki said...

it's amazing how things change so quickly these days. Last week I was mom, which I didn't like, and today when I call for Hiro he answers back "yes sir". I think mom was better.

Stacey said...

This makes me miss her SO MUCH!!! Wish I was headed that way tomorrow too! Big hugs to all of you!