Saturday, February 5, 2011

Leo times two

It's official...we've made another one. Yes, baby #2 is peeking at you below. Nice profile at 14 weeks, huh?

Of course, I've been thinking about this post for a while now. At the beginning of December we found out we were expecting again and it felt oddly shocking. Like, how did this happen? November was a busy month with lots of travel to Kansas City and California and Nacho was only with us for a fraction of that trip. But somewhere between there and our return home at the end of the month, we struck babymaking gold. Just when we were taking a month off, so to speak. I mean, I had really resigned myself to the idea that we weren't going to be together at the "right" time that month. And in fact, I had told my sister that I suppose it was a good thing we wouldn't be getting another August baby. I guess that shows how much I know. Not to say that we weren't very happy to get the good news. But just like with everything in parenthood, it's when you think you are in control and have everything nailed down that you realize your humility. Nothing is really planned or in your power to control. Go with it. Another August baby? Why not? So now we are looking at the year ahead with a renewed sense of expectation and excitement. And yes, trepidation. Somehow I can't help but think it's never going to get easier than it is now. One kid...reasonably good sleep...enjoying life again without total chaos. Am I ready for a crazy newborn again? I guess we'll see. With a due date revised to fall around August 4, 2011, I suppose I have a few more months to ponder that. Here we go!

EDITED TO ADD: Does that look like a little nub on the second pic? I didn't notice this at all during the scan, but now I'm obsessed. All gender predictions welcome! We have another 6 weeks before we know.

1 comment:

Kate said...

yea! congratulations! you know how I feel about this, I'm sure: August babies rock! They're the only kind I know how to make. ; )