Monday, April 11, 2011

Back in the saddle

So these aren't photos from today, but they could have been. These fun-filled shots from our trek to a local park in Twentynine Palms, CA happened over a week ago, but since we welcomed some sunshine and warmer weather in New York City today, I thought it was okay to post them. And luckily Elisa was feeling good enough to enjoy the great outdoors this afternoon. Her fever ran its course all day Saturday and faded out by Sunday morning, and no, we never really understood what caused it. I had already booked our sitter to come over on Sunday morning so I could pop out for a mamas-to-be brunch with my playgroup gang and was glad I didn't have to cancel that. But mostly, I was just glad Elisa was on the mend. It made me feel so much better about skipping out for a few hours and indulging in some me time. Something I'm not that good about--which only took me two and a half years to figure out. Oh well. Better late than never, right? We had a great turn out and it was just so nice to be out relaxing and eating without the kids pulling our attention in 1000 different directions. Because as you can see, when Elisa is going full throttle, she's nonstop action...
She has so much confidence in her movements these days, whether it's her newfound love of tricycles or going down slides head first, she doesn't seem fazed by much. It's a real change from a year ago, and truth be told, such fun to watch. At the playground pictured here, she loved climbing the ladder that arcs way above my head and leads to a platform with several slides. At first it made me a bit nervous to see her enthusiasm for this ladder, but I tried to step back and just enjoy the view. It's more fun that way.

No comments: