Thursday, June 20, 2019

Last day!


The last day of school shot for 2018-19. What a year it's been! When we started school in Queens in August, we really had no idea we would be moving in just a few short months. Years of looking turned into a reality so quickly--the abstract became fact. And by October we were buying a house in a town I could only have dreamt of--in New Jersey! To say the girls have handled it well would be an understatement. They have flourished! And that has made this transition look easy. Of course we all had our moments, but truly it was the biggest, best change I've made as a parent. My kids are happy and I'm happy for them. Seeing them settled into their new schools has been such a joy. School plays and concerts, new friends and activities. So much more independence. We have so much to look forward to for next year already. But for now, I'll just wish them a happy last day. They earned it. 

No comments: