Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Autumn days

Nacho went to Zurich and all we got were these amazing chocolates 
Joined the YMCA again this month and I'm trying to give it a good start
Sticky toffee pudding from The Lowery made my whole week
Fall is here. Even if we're not ditching our summer clothes quite yet. The muggy, warmer temps have been a sort of blessing in disguise I suppose, keeping us active and outside through most of September and October so far. And though I would personally like to see more jeans and sweater weather, I know we will soon. So for now, I'm biding my time and starting to break out the little remnants of pre-Halloween fever like the candy corn dish my mother gave me. It's now filled and waiting for prying hands. I also snagged a chocolate cookie haunted house decorating kit from Trader Joe's recently so we saved that for a day we had Leonardo over for a playdate. The kids loved decorating it and I was able to leave them to it once I got the stupid thing to stick together right. Ah yes, not exactly Pinterest worthy, but still fun to look at. And there was also a crafty playdate with Kira and a little walk to the park to "sell" their fluff balls on popsicle sticks. Fortunately, the wind proved too much for their lightweight wares and the girls decided to abandon the idea of sitting at a table and selling them. And though no money was made, a good time was had. 

No comments: