Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Riding it Out

Our decision to stay put during the storm wasn't an easy one. But once made, we decided to make the most of it. And the girls did a great job keeping themselves occupied and I mostly didn't freak out until it was bedtime and too late to do anything about it. The winds were pushing 70mph and the house began to sway and creak with each big gust. It wasn't until bedtime though that I thought about the giant windows overlooking our beds on the wall taking the brunt of the wind. There was one loud swoosh/pop sound just as I was getting ready for bed that really gave me pause. But overnight I mostly slept in spurts and stayed down long enough to wake to clearing skies and a beachscape full of amazing treasures washed up from the hurricane.
SaveSave

No comments: