Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Cooking lesson

Back in early February when we had barely begun to experience the deep chill that sent us inside for the rest of the month, Amanda invited Gina and us over one Friday afternoon for a little playdate with Birdie and Myla.  It was a half day for the big girls at AOC, and so just after picking up Carolina, I walked over to the bus stop to greet the girls bounding off the bus. We followed them back to the house where Amanda had already laid out a cookie mix the girls could bake up to keep them entertained. Since it was also a day I was trying to post a photo-a-day on my other blog, I had my "good" camera with me and was happy to document the proceedings. It had been years since I'd brought a camera along on a regular old afternoon playdate, so this was kind of nostalgic for me. Just seeing the girls interacting and ignoring me as I walked around them pointing the lens at each for a turn was kind of cool. It was even more fun to get home and see what I had taken and really appreciate how grown up they are getting. It wasn't so long ago that Birdie and Elisa would hide out in a crib pretending to take a nap. And here they are now, 1st graders, who can mix and bake cookies and look ultra grown up (and gorgeous) doing it.  The little nit picking and arguing that seemed to plague them as toddlers and little girls has subsided and it's great to see their maturity shining through. Myla being a part of AOC this year has cemented these bonds as well which is lovely to see.  They are the three amigas. Spending the afternoon watching them hang out was a delight. And getting to eat the tasty product of their efforts was even better.

No comments: