Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Madrid!

It's the end of January, so we must be in Madrid. This is our 4th year in a row coming to Spain in the cold of winter, but with flight loads so empty it's worth it. So on Monday evening we took off and now that we've made it through the first cold day, I think I can say the traveling is getter easier.  The girls did pretty well on the 6 hour flight and we all napped a bit the first afternoon. Elisa was overjoyed with her gifts from the Three Kings and has barely taken her Snow White costume off. Carolina didn't exactly rock her night time sleep, but she made up for it by staying down til 1:30 p.m. The fact that Mercedes had churros ready and waiting for me when I woke up was another bonus. Have I mentioned here how much I love that fried dough? We visited with the cousins this afternoon and tomorrow we'll hit the city. Looking forward to lots more family meals and maybe a night out with Nacho if we're lucky. It's a bit far to travel for a date night, but hey, sometimes you just have to go for it. More soon!

No comments: