Thursday, December 14, 2017

School Pics

School pics 2017-18 were a success. Kind of. I had laid out two outfits based on the girls' specifications and they seemed pleased. Carolina wanted a sparkly dress and considering her choice of backgrounds (a speckled red), I thought the black and silver ensemble we inherited from Manuela would look great. Elisa didn't give me much idea of what she wanted, but I knew she liked a gray sweater we also got from Manu, so I put it with a long sleeved T and a flared skirt she finally grew into and thought I had an excellent layered outfit. Against the purple background she chose, she would look awesome. Then she came home from picture day and told me she had removed it for the class pic (at someone's suggestion) and then forgot to put it back on for her individual photo. UGH. I don't know why it bothered me at the time, but it did. It was like my effort to help her was completely thrown out. And yeah, that wasn't the case, but if felt that way. Finally the photos arrived and they both looked great. I forgot about the sweater for a minute and just enjoyed seeing these girls as they are right now. Growing up before my very eyes.

No comments: