Tuesday, November 6, 2012

This Mama's for Obama!

Today I took my girls to the polls with me. Elisa asked if she could come with me so I waited until preschool pick-up to take her along. I couldn't really say no.  After all, she was born at the end of the 2008 election cycle when I was so eager for a change in this country. I was euphoric the night President Obama won, and I remember thinking that my daughter would later be proud to have been born at that time...when the country was finally starting to see the light. Fast forward 4 years and here we are again. Another election to determine where the country goes next. Of course, I'm hoping Obama will have another chance to show us what kind of leader he is. I haven't been disappointed with him so far, but I do think he's been holding back the real fight. Kind of like watching him a few weeks ago during that first debate. I knew he had more in him and the second and third debate proved me right. I know this next term, if he gets one, will be historic. I just hope we get to see it. So today I voted and took my daughters to see what that feels like, even though they have no idea of its significance. Some day they will. And I hope we can talk about our views and political ideologies and embrace the future together instead of fear it. The choice is ours.

No comments: