Saturday, November 10, 2012

About that snow storm...

So we had our first real snow storm of the year this week on Wednesday and it didn't disappoint. I'm not sure I can take another nor'easter hitting this week, but this second one of the season wasn't too bad for us. Elisa begged to go outside so she could catch a snowflake on her tongue, but after stepping foot into the wet, blowing snow, she gave up.  We grabbed the mail and ran back upstairs to enjoy the views from 6 floors up. Yes, a quiet afternoon inside watching the rain turn to snow flurries while sipping hot chocolate and eating cookies was just what my season-loving soul needed. Of course, my waistline, not so much. Post-Sandy, I can say I've easily put on 5 lbs. of comfort eating while sitting cozily inside. Apparently, I'm not alone.  Oh, yes, it's going to be a looooong winter. 

No comments: