Sunday, January 8, 2012

Heat wave

Okay, it wasn't a real heat wave, but for January, this week felt pretty darn good. Highs a couple of days in the upper 50s and no harsh winds. I'll take it. We even managed to get to the park for a few hours twice this week. What a treat. Did I mention it's January?
I mean anything that helps pass the time these days is welcomed, but time outdoors is a special kind of fast forward (and lord knows I've been looking for a little help lately with all the cabin fever we've had). The afternoons just flew by. We ate lunch outside, and chatted with friends. I think everyone we know was at the park on Saturday for at least a little while. It was a gorgeous day and more appropriate for early spring. Carolina napped just enough to stay happy and Elisa was totally in her element running around and completely ignoring me. Ahhhhhh....too nice to last, but such a welcome relief. Tomorrow is my birthday and we're back to highs in the mid 40s. Not bad for early January, but just cold enough that you don't want to hang out too long outside. I mean, I can remember more birthdays with snow on the ground than not, so this is still a bonus week in my book. I've seen a few more days in the 50s coming up, but I won't count on them until they happen. Something about savoring each one as the last is what helps me cope with the winter doldrums. One day at a time is all I can do right now when we're stuck at home so much of the time. But heat wave, you were so kind to pay us a visit. Come back soon.

No comments: