Monday, November 9, 2009

Watch out world!





This past week Elisa and I tried a few new things. Like the organized playgroup at St. Teresa's church on 45th Street and 50th Ave. This is a pay-as-you-go loosely structured group that draws a mostly 2+ age group on Mondays and Thursdays. I knew as the weather cooled off that we'd be looking for stuff like this and since I never know exactly how the week will go workwise, I thought this week was a good chance to give it a trial run. It's a good 20 minute jaunt over there, which once it's really cold and/or raining, I'm not sure how fun that will be, but the bonus is that my favorite Colombian bakery (Chipichape on 45th Street) is on the way home, so how can you go wrong there?

We met up with Jessie and Oliver and had a good time letting the kiddos run around. Because it's in the church basement, it sounds a bit like an echo chamber with LOTS of background noise on top of Elisa's occasional shrieking. I was a little surprised at how well Elisa took to it, just diving into the mountain of toys and tricycles without needing me at her side. She seems to be a natural at that thing we call "independence." Here she is in all her glory pushing that bike around and around and around. Never gets old.

1 comment:

Tia Stacey said...

wait until she can ride that thing....your toes and shins will never feel the same again! Cute pics! Glad you found an indoor activity for winter!!