Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer vacation

This past week we headed to Kansas City, MO to visit my grandmas and aunt who still live there. It happened that Nacho had off a string of 5 days and my parents were also flying in for a rare visit so we all convened on Aunt Barb's house for a few days and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Seeing other people you love enjoy your daughter always makes for a good time. We also got to catch up with a few friends and some friends of the family. Here are a few of my favorite pics from the week.



All in all, Elisa did a great job tolerating all the hussle and bussle. I figure it was a good dry run for our upcoming 2-week trip to Spain in August. She managed to nap on the go and eat her way around the town (enjoying lots of new treats thanks to Christi!!). And yes, she also impressed those who had heard us talk about her singing, her weird arm waving and her all around good humor. More and more these days, I find that Elisa likes connecting with people and will do her little laugh/cough to get your attention if she thinks you aren't adoring her every minute. When she mimicked the lady next to us on the plane with her little cough, I had to laugh and apologize. She isn't one to be ignored. Of course there's nothing quite like a nursing home to make you feel like you have the most beautiful child in the world. Our two visits up to see Grandma Mitchell made Elisa the star attraction for a crowd of happy seniors. Kind of like taking a puppy to a playground, I told my mom. Good times for all.

No comments: