Thursday, February 11, 2016

Winter Break Revisited


Last year at this time, we were preparing for a Winter Break Staycation. It was not the best way to enjoy a full week off of school, but with limited funds and Nacho on call, we didn't really have a lot of other options. We stayed put and we made do. There was a trip to a bouncy place, lunch in Flushing, some afternoons spent chilling with friends. Lots of Wii Sports. Oh, yes, that was the week my girls got competitive about bowling--and beat me most of the time. And then to finish off the frozen February holidays, we headed north to New Haven, CT for a little escape that mostly featured a very warm hotel pool and pizza. It greatly improved my mood at just the right time. So yeah, maybe it's not a bad thing to finally relive it in photos. That's what #tbt is for anyway, right? And I suppose I should be honest and say I'm very happy we're not planning to stay put again this year. I need a break from this monotony and how. Nacho has been working some pretty long stretches lately, so it feels like I'm at my limit of single parenting. Elisa hasn't let up in the histrionics department either, so yeah, I'm basically fried. We're hoping to catch a flight to Madrid sometime this weekend and enjoy a week of family time back in the motherland. Fingers crossed that all pans out. Because if not, I'm pretty sure this winter will break me. 

No comments: