Friday, September 18, 2009

A day at the park

I guess at some point this week I have come to the realization that life again has changed. Elisa is walking and there is no doubt about it. She stumbles and falls, but always gets back up and her distaste for crawling is all too apparent. I guess I knew this time would come, but considering the suddenness with which it's upon us, I can't help but feel a little nostalgic for her babyhood. It's over.

Now she's a toddler and her enthusiasm for all that she can reach and run to and grab is paramount. She loves exploring and greeting people which is on constant display at the park. Today was a nice autumn day with plenty of sun and a cool breeze in the air. Here she is buzzing about without a care in the world. For the first time I found her walking straight ahead, yards and yards away without so much as a glance back at me. Hard to believe a year ago, Nacho and I were two bleary-eyed zombies wandering around the neighborhood with a cute little vampire who nearly tried to eat my soul. Yes, things change. Do they ever.

But even as she changes, there are some things that remain. Her smile and her laugh are still as infectious as always. And in many ways, I feel like I'm only beginning to scratch the surface of her personality. Every day brings a little more...and in another year, I can't wait to see where she's running to next.

2 comments:

Nacho said...

my baby is very crafty with the chalk!!!

Ann Price said...

EDITED TO ADD: That was NOT Elisa's drawing, despite Nacho's claim. She just stumbled upon it and I snapped the pic. Our baby artist is not quite that good.