Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving travel

Well we made it. NC and back and no travel problems on either leg. Hurray! Our first time traveling standby on JetBlue and it went off without a hitch. I did decide to leave on Monday evening and head back late Friday, so we avoided the biggest rush of the week and the snow that blanketed much of the Northeast.  Unfortunately, Nacho had to stay put since his reserve duty wouldn't allow him to travel this holiday (or on Christmas for that matter). But it was okay. The girls were mostly good travel companions and it was nice to see my family since our last visit in August. Carolina was a bit off all week and at first I blamed her lack of naps. But even with more rest, she just wasn't my usual sunshiny girl. And Elisa was a bit mellower than normal, amused by her cousin Mia's toy chest and old Nintendo DS. I managed to keep it together until the last day when I needed them to take a bath and Elisa spent a good hour freaking out.  But otherwise, the week was at least restful and tasty, and I managed to get in and out of the mall with mom and the girls (Stace had a migraine) without spending any money on them. Thanks, Grandma. Oh, and I won at Yahtzee which was a definite first. So yeah, a pretty good family visit and hopefully Stace and Mia will make it here in January for a little trip. Looking forward to it.

No comments: