Sunday, October 26, 2014

Spooktacular Weekend

Oh, October, how I love you so. The colors pop and brighten my mood, there's always a cute dessert to make my day and then a parade of adorably dressed up kids. Yes, this weekend had it all. We started on Friday night at the AMB Halloween party where I was on duty as the photographer.  The girls were dressed as their Monster High counterparts Draculaura and Clawdeen.  They ran wild around the festivities and I barely saw them except when they were hounding me for something. And then Saturday morning came and with it Elisa's first meeting with the Daisy Scouts. I didn't get to stay (it's drop off from 9-11am) but from the looks of it afterwards, she had fun and got to color and sing songs. After that we had lunch and got ready for the SGP Halloween Party at 1pm. It helped that it was an absolutely gorgeous day outside and the kids didn't even need their coats. They marched around the track and afterwards were rewarded with one of the biggest bags of candy I've seen at these events. Not bad. They were thrilled to find out that they could eat as much as they liked. Who cares? It's the beginning of a week of gluttony that I remember and love from childhood. So yeah, they are learning not to overdue it, but for now, it's all about eating til you're sick. Good times. 

No comments: