Thursday, October 23, 2014

Date night by day

Since Carolina started preschool in September, the morning routine of entertaining her while trying to keep a somewhat orderly house has gone out the window. Now I have nearly 3 full hours on multiple days to myself to do whatever I want or need. At first I tried to do fun things like pedicures and get coffee with friends. And then slowly, real life crept back in and there were groceries to buy and clothes to wash. Most days, I come home and feel like I barely sit down before it's time to go back and get her at 11:30 a.m.  It isn't much time when you think about it, but it's been a real relief on the days when I had photo editing work to get done or even to schedule meetings. And for Nacho and I, it's meant the return to having a few hours a week to ourselves when he's off of work. We've even had a few coffee dates to get us out of the house for a little while and enjoy talking about all the stuff that's going on in our lives which we don't always have the time or space to articulate. It's been refreshing. And so today even in the cold damp rain, we made our way into Central Park for me to scout out some locations and then grab a delicious coffee and croissant at Zibetto's to warm up. Date night at 10 a.m.? Works for me.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Nacho, try not to look so excited. CONTAIN YOURSELF!

Ann Price said...

Ha...I read this to him and he said he thought he looked fine. I guess you don't want your pilots to be too excitable.