Friday, May 23, 2014

Playing catch up

So the week is over, and we're diving head first into the Memorial Day holiday weekend without much preparation. All I know is that I want to continue my outdoorsy streak. This week was gloriously sunny for the most part and I can really say that I enjoyed taking Carolina out for most of the morning each day.  She even vocalized a preference for "Sunny Gardens" park for the first time this week which meant I had to divert from my closer run to Lou Lodati and plow straight ahead to SGP.  The kid knows what she likes. And right now, it's a lot of scooter racing around the track and playing with friends in the sand or Lowers (if it's a quiet day).  The park's annual fair is tomorrow and we'll definitely be spending a few hours there. The weather isn't looking great tonight (lots of rain), but it seems to be moving out of here overnight.  Fingers crossed it stays away while the crowds come out to enjoy the bouncy houses and homemade delights. Elisa has had a pretty high energy week and seemed overly tired this morning not waking til we opened the door at 7:45 a.m. If only they would both sleep that long tomorrow. But no, I have a feeling that Saturday morning will be more like the usual 6:55 a.m. Oh well. Better get in bed soon myself so I can actually rest. My nocturnal life of late is getting harder to sustain! And with both girls around for the next 3 days, I'll need all the "oomph" I can muster. More soon. 

No comments: