Thursday, May 15, 2014

Birthday girls

With May starting, I knew birthday season would be upon us soon. Not just the big kids, but the little ones as well. And some of them are already turning three, and two and one! It's amazing how fast the time flies with these younger kids.  I mean, who could believe that this playgroup would blossom in 6 short years to include another round of siblings as cute as these? We are so lucky to live in this little neighborhood in the big city and to see our children becoming friends. With Grace and Lucy both turning two the same weekend, it was time to break out the cupcakes and celebrate. A quiet morning at the park with just the little kids, followed by an evening of merrymaking and finger licking bbq chicken was the perfect start to the month. 
I have to say that I find myself really cherishing these opportunities to celebrate and remember the moments in photos. I wasn't sure last year when I started taking photography more seriously if it would dampen my love of taking pictures.  But it hasn't. I admit that I'm not always in the mood to whip out the camera, but that was true even then. But when I am, the feeling is the same. I want to savor the little moments and see how I can make them shine. Sharing these snaps with friends we cherish is just the icing on the cake. There is nothing I'd like more than to continue to document our lives in the city whether it's on the blog or just for fun. We are surrounded by people we have grown to know and love and this is really where we feel the most at home. Over the years, Nacho and I have both felt the tug of moving further afield to afford a bigger space with more amenities (pool, I'm looking at  you) and being closer to family.  But alas, we just can't quit New York. It's home. And as much as we love it, we love Sunnyside and our playgroup friends even more because they make us feel as though we have family nearby. And it wouldn't be summer if we weren't hanging out at the park drinking beer and letting the kids run wild. So bring it on, and let the birthdays begin!

No comments: