Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Some days

Some days aren't too hard. They play together and make it look like the easiest thing ever. Some days I watch how much they love each other and realize that they are really best friends. And that's what helps me survive the stage we're in now which is full of hitting and screaming, pushing and shoving, and occasional biting--and not all of it from Carolina. It's part of what makes life so complex, that the more I see their compatibility, I also see their volatility. I suppose we torment those we love the most and nothing could be truer with these two. Sisters through and through. I spent last weekend hanging out with them while Nacho flew home to see his uncle and we made the most of a great day at the park.  Monday night after school we had a tea party and colored Christmas pages. It was fun to live in the moment with them. There was hardly any fighting which means we need to do that again soon. 

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Best friends... and mortal enemies. That's the balance I feel like siblings strike. Glad you're getting a glimpse of the sweet relationship they have. It makes up for those biting/screaming/kicking moments.