Saturday, November 30, 2013

Crafty turkeys


This post was supposed to appear much earlier in the week, but since my beloved Macbook gave up the ghost during our flight to North Carolina and I had all these photos sitting on it waiting to edit, I didn't get to relax and post at my leisure during our trip. No, mostly I just felt like my right hand had been cut off. I know, I know. I shouldn't be this addicted to technology. And I've been toying with the idea of setting hours for myself. It's just too easy to sit here day in and day out, and yes, night in and night out, editing photos and posting on FB. Not having my computer around definitely made me feel edgy and a bit lost. Now that I'm back home, the impetus is on me to get it fixed or replaced. And I'm not looking forward to that price tag.

So in the meantime, we'll get back to posting about crafty Thanksgiving ideas. I saw this turkey craft link on a blog a friend of mine keeps and the task seemed simple enough. We had some cardboard lying around and so I thought, why not. Remembering the leftover feathers we had from the girls' birthday masking craft was a bonus. So during a particularly cold spell last weekend, I brought it all out and attempted to do something festive with both girls at the SAME time. Might be a record.  Of course, Elisa was calling out for help as I tried to keep Carolina's hands out of the sticky white mess accumulating on her turkey feathers. Note to self: toddlers and glue don't mix. But after a few wipes and distracting her with other things, like choosing the feathers, we were almost in the clear. Elisa helped me hold her feathers in place as they dried a little and then I whisked both turkeys off to finish air drying in peace. It was a crafting success and one that I didn't completely micromanage. Well, not totally. 

3 comments:

Kate said...

hi! Okay, so you are smarter than I am b/c I did not think to do this one with markers and instead let all three kids paint at the same time. Actually, it all went well, but yeah, markers maybe next time. But, you took it to the next level with glued feathers - nice!

As for technology addiction - I think a break always feels awesome. I'm doing this technology "cleanse" type of thing with a friend, I think it's in January. I kind of made up the word for it, I don't know if the people running it really call it a cleanse. Anyway, maybe I'll send you the info if you want to try it!

Ann Price said...

Ha, yeah, I totally wussed out on the painting part! But the kids enjoyed the markers just as much (I hope) and I added a bit of mess with the glue. So maybe in the end, it all evens out. Though, I have to say they look more like peacocks than turkeys if you think about it!

Ann Price said...

And as for the tech cleanse, keep me posted. That might be my new year's challenge!!