Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas recap...

How was our Christmas you ask? In a word...
...awesome.
Did I mention Santa brought us Strawberry Shortcake and her entourage? It was as much for me as Elisa, but that's okay, right? Oh, and there were lots of games (Candyland, this Humpty Dumpty thing, Nickelodeon Dance for the Wii), Dora dolls and blocks, and of course the much anticipated microphone. Not a complete overload, but pretty darn close. I said it was going to be manageable, but the truth is, it's just too easy to shop for this age. She wants everything and nothing is really too expensive which is the danger. It all adds up, doesn't it? But we had fun and the Strawberry Shortcake dolls are perfect size for the dumpster diving doll house I found her in Brooklyn a few months back. See, sometimes good things do come out of the trash! It was a Christmas miracle.
And fortunately, our other girl Carolina was happy enough to tear some paper and open her bottles and bottle brush, new sippy cup (the girl has to have something of her own), and a few plush toys. Not much a 5 month old baby actually needs let alone wants, so this was an easy year. In fact, it was even easier because Carolina laid around not making any noise during all the hoopla, then promptly passed out round 9 a.m. for a nap and woke up a little after 2 p.m. A totally quiet day letting Elisa get all the attention and play with all her toys without any interference. And thank God. I'm already bracing for next year when this little one will be hovering closely and imitating her big sister who may or may not appreciate the extra attention. But for now, at least the two were perfectly meshed. I mean, Carolina knows how to roll with things and make my life easier. And that was the only gift I needed this year. So a well rounded Christmas on all fronts, and now I'm trying to clean up and get ready for the new year. Bring on 2012! I think it's going to be a great one.

No comments: